You know the details: Saturday, 10 to 6 pm, Tubman Field. Now here are some things to do.
1. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food rules at this year's festival. Not only are many Columbia Heights restaurants and bars offering all day specials, but some of your favorite food trucks will be parked on Kenyon Street.
2. Strike up the band. After grabbing some food, stop by the Main Stage for live music all day.
3. Cheer for the future Queen (at 11:45 am) or King (at 1:00 pm) of Columbia Heights Day. The competition will take place on the Second Stage at the festival and I am happily serving as one of the judges.
4. Cute overload. Bring your pup to the Dog Show (at 10:30 am) or be a kid again by stopping by the petting zoo but watch out of for the sheep.
5. Show your neighborhood pride with a Columbia Heights t-shirt. Two different styles will be on sale for $10 - $12.