Monday, April 19, 2010

Tennis anyone?

It's time to bring my decade-long break from tennis to an end. But before I make my comeback on the court, I need to know where to play. The DC Department of Parks and Recreation has a good list of outdoor public courts, but where are the best ones in and around Columbia Heights?

There are four DPR courts nearby, plus the Rock Creek Tennis Center is up 16th Street at the Carter Barron. But the Marie-Reed courts in Adams Morgan always seem to have at least a few people waiting at every hour on the weekends. Are the others the same?

So local tennis pros, let's hear from you. Where are the best places for a friendly tennis match?


View Tennis Courts Nearby in a larger map

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soon the Bruce-Monroe school site at Georgia and Columbia will have tennis courts.

Anonymous said...

Although it's a bit more of a drive, I prefer to head up to the club in Chevy Chase.