The tenant "failed to pay all rent due and owing under the lease," said the complaint. That resulted in the tenant's formal eviction Nov. 16, but the 6,000-square-foot space was vacated months before in July.
The article also includes this litle tidbit: the corner spot has "has generated a lot of interest," according to its broker at KLNB Retail. So what does $160,00 a year rent give you:
- 3,012 SF vented corner restaurant space
- Additional 3,095 usable SF on lower level
- Lower Level has 12 ft. ceilings, is sprinklered and has two means of egress.
- Space includes two large walk-in coolers
- Conveniently located across the street from Columbia Heights
- Metro Station and the new 550,000 SF DC USA Shopping Center
- Join Giant Food, GALA Theatre, Target, Best Buy, Bed Bath & Beyond, Washington Sports Club and many others in historic Columbia Heights