So The Heights Life hit Commonwealth last night for the first time.
First, the good:
- Our waitress was awesome, so knowledgeable and helpful. She made great wine suggestions and knew the menu incredibly well.
- The wine and beer selection is interesting and offers some quality choices.
- The service was speedy and the seating fantastic. It's big inside and out, and we had no trouble getting a table.
- Apparently, the fried olives are good. I totally disagree with my friends on this one and I wanted to spit them out, but I don't like olives. So, if you do like olives, these are good, I guess.
And now, the bad:
- We ordered a "bucket" of chips. This bucket was an 8 oz. glass with about six big french fries in it. They were good, but the title misleading.
- The crab on toast was just that, but not really delicious and really overpriced. I saw some good looking food near us, but everything edible seemed a wee bit expensive.
- No happy hour (yet). Our waitress said one was coming, but I like a place that starts with a deal, personally.