So I was doing "Random Rankings" in the neighborhood each day. But then some commenter said that Americans don't want rankings - they want COUNTDOWNS like the Germans want the Hoff. This Hoff argument was pretty solid. So today I bring you: COUNTDOWN COLUMBIA HEIGHTS!
Today I am counting down the most annoying intersection for pedestrians in Columbia Heights.
Countdown Columbia Heights: Obnoxious Intersections!
5. 14th and Perry Place (a solid example of upper 14th where crosswalks are meaningless and buses blow by)
4. 14th and Euclid (a hill, a shifting road at the intersection, a gas station, and no way to predict where the heck a car is going)
3. 14th and Kenyon (this DCUSA inspired crosswalk is wholly vexing)
2. 16th and Columbia (too much, it's just too much)
1. 14th and Park (this light takes about two years to change and yet the traffic is also never given the green light, at 14th and Park nobody wins)