Monday, August 31, 2009

Sunny Saturday Perfect for Columbia Heights Day

I knew Columbia Heights Day was going to be big this year, I just didn't know it was going to be this big. The new Harriet Tubman Elementary Field was a great addition, as was the separate performance area with bleacher seating. And there were plenty of things to do, especially for families. But what I liked best was that much of the soccer field was open so people could just hang out. Or play with hula-hoops, which was my favorite.

The festival seemed to be a boon to local businesses, as well. As activities were winding down on the field, I stopped by Red Rocks, Room 11, and the Wonderland -- all of which were packed. And I have heard the same about The Heights (before they closed) and Pete's Apizza.

Check out our photos from Columbia Heights Day below. And did you hear a sheep escaped from the petting zoo? Someone caught it on video.



Sheep on the loose!


Also, we and a few others were tweeting from the festivities.



How did the after-dark events go? Let us know in the comments below.

No comments: