Saturday, July 11, 2009

New WSC Front Desk Policy

Following the bolt cutter theft incident, Washington Sports Club has a new front desk policy. Apparently the rule is they have to say hello and your name when they scan your card, like, "Hello, Spud Lite." And, every member has to have a picture associated with their account.

On my way out of the gym I noticed that the new policy is already causing some front desk traffic jams. Though if I'm not mistaken, Results on U Street always greeted me with my name - so maybe this is a pretty normal gym policy that WSC should have had ages ago.

3 comments:

Outlaw Torn said...

My wife went to WSC this morning and said she noticed no difference, the lady at the front desk didn't even acknowledge she walked by- they had posted info about the robbery incident earlier in the week but they've since taken it down though.

Spud Lite said...

Nice! Love that they are already ignoring their own new policy. I asked an instructor if that was the policy and she confirmed it.

Beth Shook said...

This explains why an employee awkwardly called my name out after I'd already left the desk. I suppose some of them will take it more seriously than others.