Monday, July 6, 2009

WSC - Thief Apparently Caught in Men's Locker Room

There is an upsetting account of a locker robber at the DCUSA Washington Sports Club over at Prince of Petworth. Not sure about the veracity of the story, but if it is true - then a guy with bolt cutters was able to walk by the front desk, into the men's locker room, and start stealing stuff.

I happen to know that a friend who goes during peak hours also frequently just blows right by the desk because there is a long line. No ID checked, nothing - she just gets away with barreling in there. Nice security, WSC.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Very disturbing indeed. I plan on calling tomorrow to see what WSC has to say about the incident and their plans for addressing it.

Spud Lite said...

If you do and hear anything, let us know.

Todd said...

Hello,

Yes, it's true. It happened to me, and you can verify it with police report.

I am now calling the club manager (I believe it was the weekend/holiday manager on duty) and writing to the parent company's office in New York. I doubt there will be any improvement, but it's important ot let the management know this is unacceptable.

And I am, of course, quitting WSC.

Spud Lite said...

Hey Todd, that's horrible and I'm so sorry you went through it. Would be very interested to hear from you regarding the follow-up from WSC.

Brandon Green said...

Sorry about what happened Todd--that really is upsetting.